February 26 2019
Digital Workplace Architect
The Digital Workplace Architect works closely with interested client parties – business users and IT professionals, with the aim of creating a vision of the future by analyzing required changes in business functions and processes of clients as well as the current IT and tech capabilities of the organization. The goal is mapping out technologies and creating implementation paths for Microsoft portfolio solutions. The architect matches client’s IT investments with business strategies in the most efficient way for using Microsoft technologies and delivering customized high-quality solutions.
The Digital Workplace Architect will be a key leader, responsible of setting up the vision of Comtrade’s Digital Workplace offering within the ICT operational unit. They will be an expert at revealing in which ways Microsoft portfolio technologies can be transformed into services and capacities for supporting the development of Comtrade Enterprise services.
Digital Workplace strategy (40%)
- Analyzing business strategies of enterprises as well as market trends with the aim of creating the appropriate service offerings.
- Defining the complete Digital Workplace strategy within the ICT Business Unit team in cooperation with other company teams (Dynamics, Content Management).
- Defining, onboarding and developing Enterprise services including complete project and post-project support for clients – Vision Creation, Road Map, Architecture, Use Scenario Mapping, Training, Change Management, Production and Monitoring.
- Defining the delivery of high-quality standard services which are defined, repeatable and of high efficiency.
- Active participation in the Enterprise Architect group working closely with other architects on business cooperation projects in order to ensure the integration of standards and guidelines.
- Managing external vendors and the ICT team during solution creation, implementation, integration service and optimization processes.
- Monitoring new technologies and trends, promoting and carrying out pilot projects using new technologies.
- Maintaining partnerships and communicating with strategic vendors to define product folders and impact on the established services.
- Mentoring and Microsoft architecture trainings.
Implementing, managing and supporting projects (60%)
- Leading role in multifunctional projects throughout architecture phase / solution design and setting guidelines or managing implementation projects.
- Implementing and providing engineering services within the area of expertise.
- Monitoring projects and ensuring high-quality of implementing services, particularly in terms of strategy, implementation planning, training and change management during the implementation.
Required experience and expectations
- A degree in Computer Sciences, Organizational Sciences, Electrical Engineering, System Analytics, Administration or equivalent.
- A vast experience in implementing IT infrastructures and End-user technologies, including managing and delivering business applications.
- Experience with enterprise mobile solutions (mobile devices, MDM, MAM, mobile application platforms), Hyper-V/VMware virtualization, creating Windows 10 and Office 365 applications.
- Knowhow of Office 365 services, especially Exchange, Skype4B/Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive 4B etc. and their implementation.
- Experience in automating processes is an advantage (RPA, Microsoft Flow, SharePoint Workflows).
- Over five years of experience in implementing IT infrastructure projects (including analytics, architecture and delivery).
- A strong understanding of support and service models for clients, including ITIL experience. Experience working with a ITSM or Help Desk platform is an advantage.
- The ideal candidate shows great interest for new informational technologies and their application. Excellent problem solving skills are a must, as are communication, presenting, team work, mentoring and project management skills.
- Travelling is expected.