January 23 2019
Python Software Engineer
Comtrade is a top IT company, with a 25-year track record of innovation and development of some of the world’s most advanced software. With high-tech infrastructure and campuses in 10 countries, we enable companies across different industries (fintech, mobility & travel, medical, energy etc.) to innovate faster and reinvent their business models digitally, by using agile development methodologies and innovative technology.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Python Software Engineer who could join and be part of our dynamic and growing team in Belgrade!
What will you be doing?
As a Python back-end software engineer , you will be part of the team that develops cloud-based software for our US client working in the smart grid space.
- Enabling and improving our client’s artificial intelligence and machine learning platform
- Creating virtual power plants supporting the electricity grid with distributed energy storage
- Scaling the business 10x from thousands to tens of thousands of industrial IoT device
- Building an industry leading real-time technology stack
Skills we are looking for:
We are not expecting a candidate to have experience and knowledge in every listed skill, but here are some that will apply to you:
- You can demonstrate advanced proficiency in Python and Django framework
- You know how to design and write APIs or RESTful endpoints
- The concepts of designing, developing and deploying micro-services are familiar to you
- You have used SQL and NoSQL datastore (e.g. DynamoDB, Hive, Mysql, Presto, Postgress, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Big Data Analytics is not just a hype-word, you have advanced experience with Spark, Storm or other frameworks for large-scale data processing
- Advanced knowledge of message streams and brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
- If you have worked with IoT frameworks and familiar with MQTT you have our interest!
- You have hands on experience with Linux and Docker based environments
- Deep understanding of Agile values and principles
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant Python software development experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English