05 | 05 | 2006
CIO Event held following the Document Management research
Yesterday, at the ComTrade Technology Center the CIO (Chief Information Officers) Event was held, at which the results of the recently conducted DMS (Document Management System) research were presented. Organization of this event was supported by Microsoft, EMC, Fujitsu-Siemens Computers, Hewlett Packard and IDC. This event gathered over 80 IT experts of leading domestic companies, guests and 15 news agencies as well.
On behalf of Spinnaker, Jelena Popovic, Marketing Manager has presented results of the DMS (Document Management Systems) research. Milovan Matijevic, IDC Country Manager for Serbia and Montenegro gave an overview of the IT market in Serbia compared to the countries of the CEE regarding Content Management solutions. Mladen Jevtic, EMC Territory Manager for Serbia and Montenegro, Bosnia, Macedonia and Igor Maric, Spinnaker Web Development Manager held presentations on the topic “How to asses your need and chose a Document Management solution”.
Research results, presented by Jelena Popovic from Spinnaker, were as follows:
- 90% of companies have herd of the term DMS, while close to 2/3 of the companies know exactly what the term means.
- Only 1/3 of companies already have some sort of a DMS solution implemented in their organizations.
- Almost 3/4, to be exact 73% of companies, have a need for such a system, primarily the basic functionalities. A little less then a half (45%), have the need for a more advanced DMS solution.
- Research has shown that 39% of companies do not know the document management systems offered on the local market. Those who are informed have mostly heard of Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server and Documentum, and less for Meridio, Spider.net and Hermes.
- More than a half of companies plan to invest in a DMS solution in the near future. 2/3 would invest in a less expensive solution (less than 50.000 euros), while 1/3 of companies would invest more.