15 | 06 | 2010
ComTrade extends Citrix Smart Plug-in: Adds Support for Citrix XenDesktop and HP Operations Manager 9
Washington DC, HP Software Universe 2010, booth 504 – Application management leader ComTrade (ex HERMES SoftLab), today announced the release of a major update to its Citrix Smart Plug-in (Citrix SPI) for the HP Operations Center suite of service-oriented IT operations management solutions.
With this new release, the Citrix SPI from ComTrade now includes full support for Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, and XenServer through HP Operations Manager, HP SiteScope, and the HP Business Availability Center. The Citrix SPI provides comprehensive infrastructure topology, health and performance monitoring, management tools, and reporting that enable IT departments to maintain high service levels and deliver a top-notch end-user experience.
“We have always envisioned the Citrix SPI as a comprehensive end-to-end Citrix service-management solution for HP Operations Center. With this new release, the Citrix SPI now provides that depth and breadth of management,” said Gregor Smrekar, General Manager for ComTrade International Business. “No matter where your applications reside, from physical or virtualized environments to public or private clouds, HP Operations Center and the Citrix SPI deliver enterprise class, service-management solutions, and best practices across your Citrix infrastructure.”
SPI for Citrix benefits:
- Infrastructure availability monitoring: Health, performance, and availability of XenApp, XenServer, and XenDesktop.
- Application availability monitoring: Synthetic application and desktop launch probing ensures application and desktop availability; and issues are quickly identified and root-cause analysis provides a comprehensive diagnosis.
- End-user latency monitoring: From login to logoff, latency issues can be confirmed and isolated to specific components.
- Unified management: Further leverage investments in HP Software, operations personnel, processes, and procedures to extend ITIL and Enterprise Systems Management to the Citrix environment – with no additional consoles required.
- Integrated Management: Acting as an Operations Bridge, the Citrix SPI automatically integrates Citrix performance and availability information with that same information from back-end application layers, providing a true service management perspective.
- Certified & Tested: The SPI for Citrix is both an HP Software Certified Smart Plug-in and a verified Citrix Ready solution.
Today, ComTrade also announced exciting new extensions to Siebel CRM/Oracle BI SPI and EMC Documentum SPI. All ComTrade Smart Plug-ins now support HP Operations Manager 9.
About HERMES SoftLab Management Products
ComTrade is the recognized leader in enterprise application and infrastructure management for heterogeneous, multi-vendor environments. Our management product line delivers strong, immediate value for customers and includes best in class solutions for management of Oracle Siebel CRM/BI, EMC Documentum, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Terminal Server.
ComTrade is an international provider of IT solutions and software engineering services whose clients include high-tech vendors, telecommunication companies, financial institutions, and the public sector. With over 1000 professionals ComTrade offers industry-leading expertise in data storage management, embedded systems, network systems management, gaming, telecommunications, e-solutions, and customized application development.
About ComTrade Group
With nearly 20 years of experience, ComTrade Group is recognized as a leader in information and communication technologies in Southeastern Europe. The company is present in 12 countries in Europe and North America. With over 1600 employees, it is able to offer a range of IT solutions, expert R&D services, and its own software products. ComTrade Group is a member of World Economic Forum’s Community of Global Growth Companies.